The S8 TIGER spectrometer is used for elemental analysis in various industrial applications, including oil, lubricants, refinery, cement and mining.
- Sample size- liquids, loose powders: up to 50 ml; solids: up to 51 mm (2’’) Ø , 47 mm (1.8’’) height
- Sample Care: TM X-ray tube and goniometer protected by contamination shields; automatic sample recognition (optional); sample and spectrometer chamber separated by programmable vacuum seal (optional)
- Automatic collimator changer (up to 4)
- Automatic mask changer (up to 3), additional high precision masks available
- Analyser crystals: automatic crystal changer (up to 8); included: XS-55, PET, LiF (200); optional: XS-B, XS-C, XS-GE-C, XS-N, XS-CEM; LiF (220), LiF (420), ADP, Ge, TlAP, InSb
- Detector gas: P10 gas (10 % Methane, 90 % Argon) for flow counter; no detector gas for PRO4 sealed proportional counter
- Gas for analysis of liquids and loose powders – Helium or Nitrogen
- Quality & safety: DIN EN ISO 9001:2000, CE certified, fully radiation protected system. Radiation <1μSv/h H*(10)
- Excitation source – S8 Tiger 4 kW. High voltage generator K440
- X-Ray tube – Type OEG95LT; maximum high voltage – 60 kVDC, maximum current – 170 mADC; Maximum power – 4 kW; anode material – Rhodium.
- Determination of the sample composition by expressing the results as weight fraction (in %) of individual elements or oxide formula units.
Determination of sample composition for solid or liquid samples by quantifying elements with Z ≥ 11 (starting from Na).