Qualitative and quantitative phase analysis, suitable for analysis of different samples in different conditions.
- Configurations - vertical goniometer, Theta/2Theta or Theta/Theta geometry
- Measuring circle diameter - predefined at 500 mm, 560 mm and 600 mm (depending on set-up) or any intermediate setting
- Max. usable angular range –110° < 2Theta ≤ 168° (depending on accessories)
- Angle positioning - stepper motors with optical encoders
- Smallest addressable increment - 0.0001°
- Instrument alignment - equal or better than ± 0.01° 2Theta; NIST SRM 1976a always included (at constant climate)
- Maximum angular speed - 20°/s (depending on accessories)
- Detectors - point detectors: 1-D detectors: LYNXEYE; all detectors guaranteed without defective/dead strips or areas
General space and infrastructure requirements:
- Exterior dimensions 1,868 x 1,300 x 1,135 mm (h x w x d) 73.5 x 51.2 x 44.7 inch
- Weight 770 kg (without optional electronics)
- Cooling water supply Min. 4 l/min, pressure 4 bar to 7.5 bar, no pressure on outlet side,(without optional internal water chiller) temperature: 10 °C to 20 °C
- Power supply - single phase: 208 to 240 V; three phases: 120 V, 230 V, 240 V; 47 to 63 Hz
- Maximum power consumption - 6.5 kVA (without controllers for optional equipment)
- Parallel geometry with Göbel mirror,
Available sample stages:
- Autosampler with sample rotation option (9 positions)
- Eulerian cradle (with the corresponding analysis software)
- Capillary stage with capillary rotation option
- Motorized XYZ sample stage
- Non-ambient stage with temperature control (from –190 to +450 °C in air, inert gas or vacuum)
- Non-ambient stage with relative humidity and temperature control (between 25 and 90 °C with relative humidity in range 10 to 90% and above 90 up to 250 °C in ambient atmosphere).
- Scintillation counter,
- 1D position sensitive detector LynxEye.
• Recording PXRD pattern of solid samples using the most appropriate sample stage and instrument geometry,
• Recording PXRD pattern of solid samples in non-ambient conditions,
• Qualitative phase analysis using ICDD database PDF-2, standard materials, or XRPD patterns from literature,
• Semi-quantitative phase analysis using ICDD database PDF-2,
• Quantitative phase analysis using standard materials,
• Determination of the degree of crystallinity, content of amorphous phase.