The Armfield Wind Tunnel provides a comprehensive facility for the study of subsonic aerodynamics. The performance of the tunnel and its instrumentation also make it suitable for simple research projects.
- Self-contained wind tunnel for the study of subsonic aerodynamics, complete with two- component balance system and air speed indicator
- Special features:
- Contraction and Diffuser: precision glass fibre mouldings
- Test Section: clear acrylic, which retracts to permit access to the models.
- Adjustment of models can be made with the tunnel in operation.
- Fan: Variable speed motor driven unit downstream of the working section permitting stepless control of airspeed between 0 and 26ms-1
- Balance: Lift and drag Lift
- 7.0N, Drag
- 2.5N, Sensitivity ±0.01N
- Air speed: Indicated on inclined manometer directly calibrated in m/s
- Support structure: A strong steel frame including working surface and fitted with castors for easy movement
- Suitable for undergraduate and simple research work.
- Working section: 304mm wide x 304mm high x 457mm long (octagonal cross- section)
study of subsonic aerodynamics
free for rental